Burncross Chapel and Sunday School.

Burncross Primitive Methodist Chapel was opened in 1865. Below the chapel, the building accommodated the only school in the Burncross area until the Burncross Board School was opened in 1885. Only children under seven years of age were enrolled. At an inspection in the 1880s one pupil teacher was found to be ‘poor at both her own lessons and in her teaching capabilities’. The room was later used as a Sunday School. The building was demolished in 1992.

Image Details

Archiving Reference Number to be added
Search Year
Type Photograph
Collection Holder
Date Donated to the EDA 1st October 2016

Sorry this item cannot be purchased.