Whitley Hall, Grenoside Whit Sing
This view of Whitley Hall was taken during a Whit Sing. There has been a house on this site since at least the beginning of the fifteenth century but the core of the present hall was completed in 1584. Another wing was added in the early eighteenth century and further extensions have recently been completed. The hall was a country gentleman’s home, then a boys’ boarding school, then a country home again before being converted into a luxury hotel and restaurant in 1969.
|Archiving Reference Number||R/042/a/B CHGA|
|Source of original material||Original from Jessie Taylor|
|Source Individual, Group or Organisation||Chapeltown & High Green Archive|
Sorry this item cannot be purchased.