Whitley Hall, Grenoside Whit Sing
Scroll the mousewheel to zoom
This view of Whitley Hall was taken during a Whit Sing. There has been a house on this site since at least the beginning of the fifteenth century but the core of the present hall was completed in 1584. Another wing was added in the early eighteenth century and further extensions have recently been completed. The hall was a country gentleman’s home, then a boys’ boarding school, then a country home again before being converted into a luxury hotel and restaurant in 1969.
|Archiving Reference Number||R/042/a/B CHGA|
|Contributor/s||Original from Jessie Taylor|
|Date Donated to the EDA||1st October 2016|
Sorry this item cannot be purchased.