Elliot Lane Almshouses, plaque.
Plaque on Almshouses on Elliott Lane. This is the plaque which once formed part of the almshouses on Elliott Lane. It states that Sir Richard Scott (of Barnes Hall) appointed his executor, Rev. Dr Richard Watts, to erect a ‘hospital’ (almshouse) for six poor people at Barnes Green. They were built in 1639 and endowed with £30 a year.
|Archiving Reference Number||C&HGA/E/118/a/B|
|Building - memorials||memorial plaque|
|Date donated to the EDA||1st October 2015|
|Source Individual, Group or Organisation||Chapeltown & High Green Archive|
|Source of original material|| Tony Ellis
|Views Type||detailed view|
|Name of people||Sir Richard Scott|
Sorry this item cannot be purchased.