Gold medal to Hallam Brothers of Ecclesfield.jpg
Hallam Brothers owned the mill at Butterthwaite Dam from 1859 until the 1890s. It was known as the Butterthwaite Steel Wire and Pin Works. Their principal products were hackle pins (sharp steel wires for combing hemp, cotton, wool, jute and linen for the textile industry), fish hooks, sewing and machine needles, knitting needles, hair pins, meat skewers, bicycle spokes and umbrella frames. They were awarded gold medals at trade exhibitions in Paris and Melbourne.
|Source Individual, Group or Organisation||Chapeltown & High Green Archive|
|Source of original material||Original from Mary Bulmer|
Sorry this item cannot be purchased.